Technology has transformed the world of business, but it is a complex industry and changes quite fast. Companies today want to streamline their IT functions. It forces them to rely on Managed IT Services providers to help accomplish these goals, stay connected and maintain a competitive edge. Whether you own a small or medium-sized business or run a large organization, choosing the solution that best fits your IT needs is important.
What Do You Mean by Managed IT Services?
IT services are outsourced to third-party organizations that have the capability to handle these responsibilities. A number of companies outsource their IT services to help lighten the workload of their in-house teams, supplement additional teams when the in-house teams are not able to meet the IT demand or completely replace their in-house teams. Managed IT Services allow companies to ensure the complete coverage of their IT duties and contribute specialized expertise which otherwise would not be accessible to them.
Top Reasons to Use Managed IT Services
Managed IT services are not a one-size-fits-all solution. Still, they provide a clear-cut solution to several business challenges that organizations of different sizes and in different industries face. Some of them include –
- High Costs of Hardware – New technologies are incredibly expensive to purchase, and they can get obsolete quickly.
- Cost of Hiring Specialists – IT personnel are in high demand, and hiring the best ones is not cheap!
- Increase of Specialized Technologies – In the past, companies hired a few IT staff that overlooks the entire IT enterprise. But, today, IT teams are needed for different IT functions such as security, data center, and others.
- Scarcity of Qualified Staff – Even if you can hire staff for your IT team, they might not have enough knowledge about the latest technology.
- Cost of Regular Maintenance – There is a constant need to maintain your IT hardware and functions, leaving little time to focus on enhancing projects such as lead generation or updating CRM.
Benefits of Managed IT Services
Given the many Managed IT options that you and your business can take advantage of, here are some of the top benefits you enjoy –
- Enhanced Security and Compliance – Compliance, and security are essential for businesses. A breach can cost huge losses, and non-compliance can cause legal issues. Managed IT service providers ensure the procedures are legally compliant and prevent security breaches.
- Efficient and Reliable IT Operations – Lack of knowledge and skills to handle the entire IT functions can lead to unreliability and inefficiency. Collaborating with a Managed IT service provider ensures your entire IT infrastructure is running efficiently.
- High Return on Investment – Internal IT budget comprises labor, software and network infrastructure, hardware costs, maintenance costs, and more. Outsourcing allows flexibility and scalability that internal teams cannot provide.
- Proactive Approach to Maintenance – IT functions need regular system checkups and updating to ensure any potential disturbance can be detected early. IT service providers allow round-the-clock management and fix problems even before you become aware of any issue.
- Concentrate on Strategic Projects – Managed service providers can take pressure off your internal staff and allow them to focus their time and energy on important projects for your business.
Before hiring a Managed IT Service provider, take the time to understand what your business need and how a provider will fit into the criteria. There are companies that offer a full range of services, while others only provide specialized IT services.
Call us today for your free consultation – 604-359-5284